Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long have you been in business? What is the background of your owner?
Eleven years, established in 2007. Owner, Jon Steiner degreed in 1996, Physical
Therapist. Received Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy in 2000. Director of Rehab
Therapy at the Army Residence Community and Alamo Companion Services.
2. Are your insured and bonded?
3. In addition to general training, do your caregivers receive training in specific areas?
Yes, Alzheimer’s/Dementia, Parkinsons and Stroke
4. Do you provide services 7 days a week?
5. Do you have a minimum number of hours per day?
We generally require a 4-hour minimum block of time.
6. Do I have to sign a contract?
No, you will be asked to sign a service agreement, NOT a contract
7. Do you require a deposit prior to providing services?
8. Do you take credit cards?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards.
9. Can you assist me with the Veterans Aid and Assistance benefit?
10. Do you take long-term care insurance?
Yes, Alamo Companion Services accepts some long-term care policies for reimbursement.
Some or all services may be covered depending on the individual policy. Please contact
us for more information on your individual plan coverage.