Senior discounts at restaurants, entertainment venues, and even grocery stores can really add up. The trick is knowing about them. Many senior discounts aren’t well advertised. Don’t walk out of these stores with a higher-than-necessary bill!
Grocery shopping discounts:
Every little bit of savings helps when grocery shopping. These stores offer a senior discount on certain days:
- Albertsons (55+): First Wednesday of each month 10% discount
- Publix: Wednesdays 5% discount (varies by location so be sure to ask)
- Piggly Wiggly: each store is independently operated; many stores offer a 5% discount one day per week
- Farm Fresh (55+): Tuesdays and Thursdays 5% discount
- Grocery Outlet: varies by store but is commonly 2nd and last Thursday of the month 10% discount
- Fry’s Supermarket (55+): Mondays 10% discount with VIP Club Membership
Eating out is a lovely luxury that is easier to finance with these popular senior discounts:
- Taco Bell (65+): Free beverages plus 5% off discount
- Wendy’s (55+): Every day 10% off discount
- Krispy Kreme (50+): Every day 10% off discount
- KFC (55+): Free small drink every day with the purchase of any meal
- Burger King (60+): Non-value meal purchases are eligible for an everyday 10% discount
- Ben & Jerry’s (60+): Everyday 10% discount
- Denny’s (55+): Everyday 10% discount
- TCBY (55+): Everyday 10% discount
- White Castle (62+): Everyday 10% discount
- Arby’s (55+): Everyday 10% discount
Sometimes a simple change in routine yields great savings on dining out and grocery shopping. Don’t be afraid to explore an Asian Market or a grocery store that specializes in ethnic foods. Often, staples such as spices and even fruits and vegetables are sold at a deep discount in these smaller grocery stores. You may even discover some new foods to try.
Many places offer a significant senior discount but don’t advertise it. Locally owned restaurants and grocery stores often offer a senior discount as a way to say thank you to their most loyal customers.
If you shop or dine at one location frequently, as the server or hostess about their senior discount policy. A tiny change in routine (moving a Tuesday morning coffee gathering to Thursday mornings for example) could yield a deep discount for your entire group if you are aware of the policy.